Friday, April 17, 2015

Problems...Problems...Problems



Job 13:15-17 “Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless I will argue my ways before Him. 16 “This also will be my salvation, For a godless man may not come before His presence. 17 Listen carefully to my speech, And let my declaration fill your ears.” (NASB)

Problems…Problems…Problems

The week is winding down, but the speed of the spinning “hands of time” seem to be revving up. The mounting demands placed on me by others, and the overwhelming flood of pain in my body has slowed my response time. And, now I’m feeling the pressure of not accomplishing the goals I set for myself.

Sound familiar?

More often than we would like to admit we blame our problems on outside sources. Sometimes God even gets the blame. Over-zealous Christians judge and point fingers and say, “Problems are the result of sin.”

That was not the case for Job, and it’s not necessarily the case in our lives.

Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. (KJV)

It is, perhaps a bit, presumptuous of us to declare ourselves righteous. So three questions can answer the issue from God’s point of view.

                Have you accepted Christ as your personal Savior?
                Do you strive daily to live for Christ?
                Are you quick to repent when you fail?

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (KJV)

When we are overwhelmed, burning the candle at both ends, riding the PROBLEM-GO-ROUND with no apparent way to stop God is there waiting for us to listen to Him.

Job 37:14
Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God. (KJV)

Exodus 14:13
And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. (KJV)

God will deliver us…His love promises it…He does not disappoint.

Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment